man checking his bills at home

Pasco County, Florida Divorce Order Enforcement Lawyer

Your divorce order is a legally-binding document. If your ex is violating your divorce order, you need a divorce order enforcement lawyer in your corner who can fight for the best outcome possible on your behalf. Contact Wendy Doyle-Palumbo today.

Divorce Order Enforcement Lawyer | Protecting Your Best Interests

Whether you need assistance enforcing an alimony, child custody, or child support order, you’re in the right place. Our dedicated Hudson divorce lawyer has decades of experience representing clients like you, And she’s prepared to put that experience to work in your case as well, especially when it comes to navigating the complexities of personal injury law. As a seasoned Hudson work injury lawyer, she understands the unique challenges that workplace accidents can pose.

Alimony Enforcement in Florida

If you were awarded alimony in your divorce order but your ex is refusing to pay it, it can drastically impact your ability to retain the standard of living established during your marriage. This is unfair, and, more importantly, it’s illegal. The most common action we’ll take for your ex’s refusal to pay alimony is to file a Motion for Contempt in the same court your initial divorce was filed. From here, the court has discretion as to what actions it’ll take to get your ex to continue paying alimony. This can range from wage garnishments to jail time, depending on the circumstances.

Child Custody Enforcement in Florida

When a court establishes a child custody order, both parents are responsible for obeying that order at all times. When a parent purposefully disobeys their parenting time plan, such as by not returning a child on the day the child is supposed to be returned, they are violating the plan and can face penalties for doing so. That said, in some cases, for first-time violations, it is best to simply speak with the parent and see if you can resolve the issue without going to court, as this may be enough.

However, if your ex repeatedly violates your child custody agreement, you should speak with a divorce order enforcement lawyer who can help enforce the agreement and ensure your child’s best interests are met.

Child Support Enforcement in Florida

Florida child support statutes state that both parents must be financially responsible for the support of their children. Establishing child support through a court order is the first step to getting child support. Sadly, many parents aren’t receiving that court-ordered support. When this happens, there are legal remedies in place to ensure justice.

The law in Florida states that once child support is 30 days in arrears (past due, late) steps can be taken to enforce your child support order. A child support attorney can motion the courts and sue for failure to pay child support. Penalties and fines for non-payment can be;

  • Driver’s License Suspension
  • Modification of time-sharing
  • Wage Garnishment
  • Incarceration Until Purge Amount is Paid

As an experienced Pasco County family lawyer, Wendy will fight with dogged determination to get the results you and your family need. Don’t let your past-due child support get out of hand. Being proactive can protect your financial stability. Investing in a divorce order enforcement lawyer who can initiate a court hearing for contempt and enforcement for past-due child support can help you get back on track.

Contact a Divorce Order Enforcement Lawyer Today

The bottom line is that if your ex is ignoring custody, alimony, or child support orders here in Florida, you need a legal team who can fight for you. Contact Wendy Doyle-Palumbo today to schedule your initial consultation with our seasoned family law firm.

Read Our Recent Blogs