Establishing Paternity Attorney

You have questions. We have solutions

Tell Us About Your Case
Fill out the form below.

Free Case Evaluation

Establishing Paternity in Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, Florida

Do You Need to Hire a Paternity Attorney?

Although it’s not necessary to hire a family law lawyer to establish paternity in Pasco, Hernando or Citrus County, Florida, it’s a good idea to discuss your options with Family Law Attorney Wendy Doyle-Palumbo. Establishing paternity will begin the process of establishing legal custody and time-sharing and child support by order of the courts.

Hiring a Florida family law attorney is generally recommended and highly beneficial. It will ensure that your rights are protected under Florida Law while helping you meet your goals. Contact Wendy Doyle-Palumbo for a free in-person or virtual consultation today.

There are five ways to establish paternity in the State of Florida.

  • If you are an unmarried parent you should contact a Florida family law attorney to help you establish paternity.
  • Marriage: The parents are married to each other when the child is born
  • Acknowledgment of Paternity: The unmarried couple signs a legal document in the hospital when the child is born, or later
  • Administrative Order Based on Genetic Testing: Paternity is ordered if a genetic test proves fatherhood
    Court Order: A judge orders paternity in court
  • Legitimization: The mother and natural father get married to each other after the child is born and update the birth record through the Florida Office of Vital Statistics

Unmarried Father’s Parental Rights in Florida

There are many reasons to legally establish paternity in Florida. Not only is legitimization important to a child, but as the biological father of a child when you are unmarried, it is a necessary step in the process of establishing your legal, parental rights.

In Florida, if you are an unmarried person who has biologically fathered a child or children, and if you have not signed a legal document in the hospital when your child was born, you can get a court to issue an order of paternity, or you can have an administrative order based on genetic testing.

Unmarried Fathers – Are You Going to Be a New Dad?

If you are unmarried and the child has not been born yet, it is oftentimes recommended that you sit down with a family law attorney to discuss your options, especially if there are any concerns or doubts of paternity. Once you have acknowledged that you are the legal father of any child, you would have to disestablish paternity if you come to believe you are not. In the meantime, you would still be financially liable to the child.

Unmarried Mothers Establishing Paternity and Child Support

If you are an unmarried mother and you know who the biological father of your child is, you will most like wish to file for child support and child custody and time-sharing order. In the State of Florida, children are entitled by law to financial support from both parents, regardless of marital status. Many mothers fear to establish paternity because they assume Florida has a presumption of 50/50 timesharing. This is a myth and sitting down with Attorney Doyle-Palumbo will help you to determine the best course of action.

How Children Benefit When You Establish Paternity in Florida?

Children can almost always benefit from having a record of who their biological fathers are, even if the father wishes not to be regularly involved. Having access to information such as the medical history of the father and his family may be needed at some point in the child’s life. Aside from that, in most cases, children are overall better off when they can have a healthy, loving, and supportive relationship with both parents. If you are an unmarried biological father of a child in Florida and have questions about child custody or time-sharing please contact Wendy Doyle-Palumbo for an initial consultation.

How to establish paternity in Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, or Pinellas County, FL?

Consulting with experienced family law and paternity attorney is the first step to establishing legal paternity. Wendy Doyle Palumbo is an experienced divorce and family law attorney who can provide advice, counsel, and legal representation in a paternity case. Whether you are a father wishing to establish paternity to enjoy your parental rights or one who has been named in a paternity lawsuit, I am here to fight for your rights. If you are a single mother who would like to establish paternity in order to obtain a legal, binding custody order and to obtain Florida child support call my office promptly for an initial consultation. Florida law requires that both parents provide financial support to their children and Wendy understands the financial hardships of parents who have been forced to carry that financial burden alone.

Legal Ramifications and Establishing Paternity in Florida

Establishing paternity in Florida may seem easy, but there are many legal ramifications in doing so, especially if you are unrepresented by a lawyer. Wendy Doyle Palumbo is located in Hudson, Florida, and helps parents and divorcing couples who need a family law attorney in Brooksville, New Port Richey, Spring Hill, Florida. Attorney Doyle-Palumbo works in multiple jurisdictions so, when you need an aggressive, experienced divorce and family law attorney in Hernando County Florida, Citrus County, or in Pasco County, Florida, find out if attorney Doyle-Palumbo fits the bill.

For an initial consultation or questions, please call 727-233-2134 or 727-233-2134. You may also use the form below if you have questions or to schedule a consultation.

Our Services

Let us help you!

If you need any help, please contact us right away for a free consultation.

Call : 727-233-2134


Wendy Doyle-Palumbo, Esq.

Serving Pasco County, Hernando County & Citrus County, Florida

Wendy Doyle-Palumbo is a Pasco County Personal Injury Trial Lawyer representing victims who have been injured by the negligence of another. Representing those who have been personally injured in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus County, Florida. Compassionate, aggressive, and experienced personal injury attorney fighting for your rights to compensation under Florida Law.