Child Support Modification In Florida

You have questions. We have solutions

Tell Us About Your Case
Fill out the form below.

Free Case Evaluation

Helping Parents Modify Florida Child Support Orders

Wendy Doyle-Palumbo represents parents who are experiencing significant, permanent changes who qualify for modifications of their child support orders. From our family law firm in Hudson, Florida I help parents modify their child support orders in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties. If you live in Pinellas County, Attorney Doyle-Palumbo can assist you with your child support needs from our location in Pinellas Park, FL.

When and How to Motion the Court for a Modification of Child Support?

Child support in Florida is ordered as a result of divorce when minor children are present or when paternity is established with unmarried parents with children. Child support it calculated according to Florida Child Support Guidelines and is based on the circumstances of the parents at the time of the proceedings. Florida law states that parents who have experienced changes in their lives such as changes in employment or income of either parent, changes in the child’s needs, custody or time-sharing arrangements can be the reason for a child support attorney to motion the courts for modification of child support. Attorney Doyle-Palumbo can help you to determine if you qualify for modification according to Florida Statutes.


(b) The guidelines may provide the basis for proving a substantial change in circumstances upon which a modification of an existing order may be granted. However, the difference between the existing monthly obligation and the amount provided for under the guidelines shall be at least 15 percent or $50, whichever amount is greater, before the court may find that the guidelines provide a substantial change in circumstances.

Non-Payment of Child Support in Florida and Downward Modifications

Remember, the sooner you hire a child support attorney who can move the courts for a downward modification of your child support the better off you will be. If you have lost your job, have reduced income, or are facing another challenge that is or will make it difficult or impossible for you to pay your child support you must continue to pay your child support as ordered. If you cannot and do not pay your Florida child support as ordered, you will set forth a series of events that will likely complicate your situation. Child support enforcement may file for contempt and enforcement proceedings. If found in contempt for non-payment of child support, penalties can range from the suspension of your driver’s license to jail time. Contact child support attorney Wendy-Doyle Palumbo for an initial consultation. Remember, hiring a child support modification lawyer is a positive step in the best interest of your children as well as making sure you don’t find yourself in contempt of court for non-payment. If the circumstances allow for a downward modification of child support, this will help you avoid future problems.

Upward Modification of Child Support

If you are receiving child support your circumstances may have changed significantly and permanently since your final order was entered. Hiring an attorney to motion the courts for an upward modification of support may be in yours and your children’s best interest. Your children’s needs may have changed, perhaps time-sharing with the other parent has changed significantly or you have had a change of income or ability to earn the same income. Any of these changes can be reasons to ask for a modification of your current Florida child support order. If you would like information or initial consultation with Wendy Doyle-Palumbo call 727-233-2134 or fill out the form below to contact our firm.

Our Services

Let us help you!

If you need any help, please contact us right away for a free consultation.

Call : 727-233-2134


Wendy Doyle-Palumbo, Esq.

Serving Pasco County, Hernando County & Citrus County, Florida

Wendy Doyle-Palumbo is a Pasco County Personal Injury Trial Lawyer representing victims who have been injured by the negligence of another. Representing those who have been personally injured in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus County, Florida. Compassionate, aggressive, and experienced personal injury attorney fighting for your rights to compensation under Florida Law.