Child Support Enforcement Attorney Hudson, New Port Richey, Spring Hill, Brooksville, FL
As a Florida Family Law Attorney in Hudson, Florida, I have seen the effects on families who are not receiving their court-ordered child support. Florida Child Support Statutes state that both parents must be financially responsible for the support of their children. Establishing child support through a court order is the first step to getting child support. But sadly, many parents aren’t receiving that court-ordered support. When this happens, there are legal remedies in place to ensure justice. Hiring a Pasco/Hernando County child support attorney can help you get the relief you need by filing a motion for enforcement and contempt against the “obligee.”
Call 727-233-2134 now or use our form below to ask for an initial consultation.
Child Support Arrears
The law in Florida states that once child support is 30 days in arrears (past due, late) steps can be taken to enforce your child support order. A child support attorney can motion the courts and sue for failure to pay child support. Penalties and fines for non-payment can be;
- Driver’s License Suspension
- Modification of time-sharing
- Wage Garnishment
- Incarceration Until Purge Amount is Paid
As an experienced Pasco County Family Law Attorney, Wendy understands that what a parent needs is a help collecting the past due to child support owed to them. This is money that is needed, money that helps to support your children. Fighting with dogged determination to get the results you need for your family is her goal. Don’t let your past-due child support get out of hand. Being proactive can protect your financial stability. Investing in a child support enforcement attorney who can initiate a court hearing for contempt and enforcement for past-due child support can help you get back on track.
If you would like a consultation with an experienced Pasco/Hernando child support attorney, please call 727-233-2134 or use the convenient form below for more information.
Child Support Attorney, Located in Hudson, FL, Representing Clients in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus County, FL
Attorney Doyle-Palumbo is a seasoned, experienced child support attorney located in Hudson, Florida. Wendy offers an initial consultation if you need to hire a child support attorney who can represent you in the following types of child support matters in Hernando, Citrus County as well as in Pasco County, FL.
- Enforcing Child Support
- Child support modification
- Failure to pay child support
Types of Child Support Cases in Florida
In Florida, there are different types of child support cases. Attorney Doyle-Palumbo commonly represents clients who have Non-Title IV-D child support cases. The following types of child support cases are defined below for your information. If you are unsure of the type of case you currently have, or, if you need to establish child support, Pasco County Florida Family Law Attorney Wendy Doyle-Palumbo will provide you with the answers you need.
- Non-Title IV-D – A non-title IV-D is when a custodial parent or “obligee” is to receive child support payments directly from the obligor or non-custodial parent. The Florida Department of Revenue is not involved in these types of cases. If the obligee or their attorney has filed a motion to enforce a child support or motion of contempt against you, you will need to file your answers with the courts promptly.
- Title IV-D cases – If the custodial parent receives assistance from the Florida Department of Revenue, such as in paternity cases, for enforcement of support or locating the “obligor” who owes support.
- Title IV-A cases – Title IV-A cases are when the “obligee” or the parent who is owed support receives public assistance benefits from the State of Florida. The State will attempt to collect support that is owed from the obligor.
- Title IV-E cases – If you are a relative or the parent or a foster parent caring for a child or children, The Florida Department of Revenue enforces these child support orders against the parents on behalf of the caretakers.
Telephone: 727-233-2134 for a consultation with Family Law Attorney Wendy Doyle-Palumbo. Enforcing your child support order begins with one call.
Wendy Doyle-Palumbo, Esq.
Serving Pasco County, Hernando County & Citrus County, Florida
Wendy Doyle-Palumbo is a Pasco County Personal Injury Trial Lawyer representing victims who have been injured by the negligence of another. Representing those who have been personally injured in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus County, Florida. Compassionate, aggressive, and experienced personal injury attorney fighting for your rights to compensation under Florida Law.