Alimony Lawyer Hudson, Spring Hill, Brooksville, FL
If you are divorcing and you believe that you will need to pay alimony to your spouse, then you should hire an experienced Florida alimony lawyer to represent you. Both men and women can be awarded alimony in Florida and in fact, many men are being awarded alimony. In Florida, once alimony is awarded, it can be very difficult to go back alimony attorney Hudson, spring hill, brooksville and ask the courts for a modification of alimony. However, if you are wondering if your alimony can be modified in Florida, contact me to discuss your options. I am a seasoned Florida divorce and alimony lawyer who works diligently to help my clients get results. I offer an initial consultation for new clients who need to hire a divorce attorney in Hudson, Florida, Brooksville, Spring Hill and surrounding Pasco and Hernando County, Florida.
Types of Alimony in Florida:
- Bridge-the-gap alimony – Bridge-the-gap alimony is to assist one spouse in making the transition from being married to being single. This type of alimony may not exceed two years. Bridge the gap alimony terminates upon the death of either party, or the marriage of the receiving party. The duration or amount cannot be modified once you or your spouse is awarded bridge the gap alimony.
- Rehabilitative alimony – Rehabilitative alimony is meant to help support the person receiving alimony while the party establishes his or her ability to be self sufficient. Education and job training is considered in assisting the party involved to get a job and be self supportive through the new skills. This type of alimony requires a plan to be in place to rehabilitate and transition into improved earning potential. Rehabilitative alimony can be modified by the courts should either party present a substantial change in circumstances.
- Durational alimony – Durational alimony is only available for marriages of less than 17 years. Durational alimony has an end term and differs from other types of alimony. According to Florida Statutes exceptional circumstances can be cause for a modification of the duration of the alimony, but the amount of alimony being paid is not subjected to the same rules.
- Permanent alimony – Permanent alimony is available to the spouse who lacks the financial ability to meet their own financial requirements. It is generally based on what your standard of living has been and applies when you have been in a medium or longer term marriage. Exceptional circumstances can be considered where permanent alimony can be awarded to shorter term marriages, however. Permanent alimony terminates upon the death of either party or remarriage of the party who is receiving permanent alimony.
- Any combination of above – The Judge reserves the right to order any combination of the above types of alimony based on the facts of the case.
Have You Been Served With Divorce Papers?
If you have been served with divorce papers, remember, time is of the essence to provide the courts with your answer. If you are seeking the advice of an experienced Florida divorce lawyer who has the tenacity and resources to ensure that your rights are protected. As a seasoned Florida family law attorney, I am unafraid to litigate your divorce case yet, have the skills to mediate alimony cases when necessary to ensure the best interest of my clients. Call my office today at (727) 824-5727 to schedule an appointment or click here to inquire.
Serving Pasco County,
& Citrus County, Florida
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Establishing Paternity
- Same-Sex Divorce Pasco and Pinellas County Florida
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Pedestrian Accidents
Wendy Doyle-Palumbo, Esq.
Serving Pasco County, Hernando County & Citrus County, Florida
Wendy Doyle-Palumbo is a Pasco County Personal Injury Trial Lawyer representing victims who have been injured by the negligence of another. Representing those who have been personally injured in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus County, Florida. Compassionate, aggressive and experienced personal injury attorney fighting for your rights to compensation under Florida Law.
Contact us today!
Request your free initial case evaluation